Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Television: Cupcake Wars - Tim Burton Challenge

About two nights ago I watched Food Network's Cupcake Wars. By my luck it was a Tim Burton Challenge. Which happens to be one of my favorites movie directors of all time. If you are not familiar with his work, he's filmed Edward Scissorhands, The Nightmare Before Christmas, Batman, Alice In Wonderland and so many other classics. But besides that let me get back to Cupcake Wars. There was four contestants, after each cupcake-off one will be eliminated, and for the one who has the best tasting cupcake with display will have their cupcakes featured in a huge event to promote their business.

These cupcakes looked amazing! I wish I was there to taste them. In the last round the two remaining contestants had to make 1,000 cupcakes in a huge display to present it at a movie premiere of one of Tim Burton's upcoming releases. Here below are the two displays, completed.


I really thought the first image was going to win, but they found the second image's display of numerous staircases and doors to be more related to Tim Burton then the scary tree next to a door.

I know if I was competing in this competition I would of killed it. I am such a huge fan on Tim Burton's work that I would make the perfect cupcake.

No comments:

Post a Comment